In this post what you will get is the guide on How to Clean a Yoga Mat as people are looking for it. You are likely to sweat a lot when practising yoga on your mat so this is why you need to clean it.
Now, you should know that Yoga Mat harbours terms a lot after using the for your exercise. When your sweat drip on your Yoga Mat, it can lead to unwanted odour and bacterial growth.
How to Clean a Yoga Mat
Below, You will get to know how to Clean your Yoga Mat. This is important as it normally helps to prevent germs. So, you will get the steps on the list below.
- To begin, lay your mat on a flat solid surface
- Put water in a bowl and add a few drops of dish soap.
- Dip a rag into the soapy water and clean it from top to bottom and also clean the corners.
- Now, wipe the Yoga Mat with a towel
- Finally, air dry for at least 30-40 minutes.
So, these are the steps You need to Clean Your Yoga Mat.
How to Deep Clean a Yoga mat
In addition, if You have an open-cell Yoga mat or a closed-cell Yoga mat, You will get to know how to clean them below. You should consider cleaning Your open-cell Yoga mat each month by submerging it in a soapy mat. So, follow the steps below to clean your open-cell Yoga mat
- Put your mat in a bathtub filled with warm water and dish soap.
- Submerge the mat in the water and leave it for about five minutes
- Scrub it with a soft cloth lightly
- Now, rinse the mat with clean water. Make sure you remove all the soap residue.
- Finally, once you are done, shake it out and allow the mat to air dry for a long time.
So, these are the complete steps You need to deep clean Your Yoga mat.
Importance of Cleaning a Yoga Mat
Furthermore, below You will get to know why You need to Clean Your Yoga Mat. Now, the major reason for it is to avoid bacteria, germs and annoying Mat odour.
Additional, another reason why you need to clean your Yoga Mat is to prevent unwanted infections. You should know that cleaning does not kill germs but it helps remove them.
How Often You Need to Clean a Yoga Mat
You should regularly wipe down your Yoga Mat briefly after every exercise. But once or twice a month, You should give your Yoga Mat a deep cleaning to eliminate junk that flow over time. Also, You can air and dry it at least three times a week after every exercise.
How to Dry a Yoga Mat
Lastly, You will get to know how to dry Your yoga mat below. You should ensure that Your mat is completely dry before storing it. Importantly, You should know that a damp mat can be a breeding place for germs and bacteria.
To completely, dry Your mat, hang it over a porch railing buy never put a Yoga mat in a dryer. You can roll it up tightly and store the mat in a place with good ventilation once it is completely dry.