Amazon Prime Video is an American subscription video on demand service. It is also a rental service of amazon offered as a standalone service.
Its major function is to distribute movies and TV series produced by Amazon Studios and MGM Holdings.
Amazon Prime Video
This is also known as Prime video and as said earlier, it is a video on demand service. It is currently operating around the world.
It’s started as Amazon Unbox in the United State on September 7th 2006. However, it was renamed Amazon Video on demand on September 4th 2008.
Initially, it was available only to residents of the United State but it is now available worldwide.
Amazon Prime Video supports online streaming through a web player. It also supports smart TV, Video game console and Android TV apps.
Amazon Prime Video Subscription
Now, below You will get to know about the Amazon Prime Video subscription.
You should know that Prime Video is included with Amazon Prime memberships for $138 per year and $15 per month. However, You can sign up for Amazon Prime Videos on its own at $9 a month if you are not interested in any of Amazon Prime’s other perks.
Also, if you are new, you can get a free trial of Amazon Prime which includes Prime video. At any time during the trial, you can also cancel your subscription.
Amazon Prime Video Supported Device
Additional, below you will get the devices that support Amazon Prime Videos.
- Web browsers like Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge
- Apple TV
- Smart TV
- PlayStation 3,4,5
- Microsoft Xbox Series
Amazon Prime Video App
Lastly, there is also an App for Amazon Prime Video. You can get it at the Google Play Store for Android devices and the App Store for iPhone and iOS devices.
You can follow the steps below to download the prime video app for android devices using the Google Play Store
- To begin, connect your android device to the internet
- Open the Google Play Store application
- Search for Amazon Prime Video using the icon
- Once the result has been provided, click on the app
- Finally, tap Install to start downloading the Amazon Prime Video app
Furthermore, below You will also get the steps on how to download the application for iPhone and iOS devices.
- Open the App Store and make sure you are connected to the internet
- Search for Amazon Prime Video. Tap search at the bottom of the screen to do this
- Finally, tap the download icon to start downloading the Amazon Prime Video app.
So, these are the steps You need to download the Amazon Prime Video from the Google Play Store and App Store.
How to Sign Up for Amazon Prime Video
Now that You may have successfully downloaded the app, You will get the steps on how to sign up for Amazon Prime Video below. You will need to have a basic amazon account before you can sign up. You can easily do this using the mobile app You downloaded and follow the steps in the list below to do this.
- Visit www.amazon.com and sign in to your Amazon account if You don’t have one, you can sign up for a new account. You can also do this using the mobile app
- Next, on the top right corner, click on Your account
- Now, select prime membership from the drop-down menu
- Select start Your free trial. If You are a verifiable student, make sure to opt-out of the six-month option
- Choose the type of Prime membership subscription that You want
- When prompted, enter Your credit or Your debit card
- Lastly, confirm your billing address.
So, these are the steps You need to Sign Up for Amazon Prime Video.